APPEAL FOR SUPPORT TO REBUILDING OF THE MONASTERY OF BEŠENOVO

APPEAL FOR SUPPORT TO REBUILDING OF THE MONASTERY OF BEŠENOVO

„Grace and peace to you from God, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble, with the comfort we ourselves receive from God “ – (Cor. 1,2-4) Following the instruction of His Eminence Vasilije, Bishop of Srem, we started the reconstruction of the Monastery of Besenovo, with the goal of restoring, at least, the church dedicated to the holy archangels, with God’s blessing and support of good…

Детаљније

HOW TO REACH THE MONASTERY

HOW TO REACH THE MONASTERY

From Novi Sad direction: Road 107 from Sremska Kamenica to Beocin is recommended. The driver should not enter Beocin but follow the bypass road (2-3 km) to the crossroad, where the entry to the cement plant stays on the left side, while the turn to Cerevic is on the right side and the driver should turn slightly right, following a road leading up the hill. When at the crossroad on the top of Fruska Gora,…

Детаљније

History of the Monastery of Besenovo

History of the Monastery of Besenovo

KING DRAGUTIN’S RULE According to oral tradition, the Monastery of Besenovo was established on Fruska Gora Mt., in late 13th century, by King Dragutin Nemanjis (1253 – 1316), in the vicinity of the stream that is called Cikos today. The ruler dedicated the Monastery to Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel, patron saints of his noble ruling dynasty. This makes Besenovo the only monastery on Fruska Gora connected with the holy Nemanjic dynasty. As it is…

Детаљније